Edelweiss Tokio Life – Total Secure+ gives you the benefits of both term life insurance and critical illness protection in one plan. Besides, it gives you the option of choosing between Basic health protection and comprehensive protection. A revolutionary product, which for the first time in life insurance gives you the option of combining term plan with either of two critical illness covers.
This product comes in three avatars:
- A) Life Cover only:
A pure term life insurance product which gives your beneficiaries a fixed payout on the event of your untimely demise any time during the policy term. The death benefit payout will be made as per the death benefit payment mode chosen and the policy will be terminated. Death benefits can be in the form of lumpsum, monthly payouts and combination of the two. Even when you choose monthly payouts, you have the option of equal monthly sums or increasing monthly payouts. I increasing monthly payouts, the amount payable would increase at the rate of 5% p.a.
- B) Life Cover with ‘Basic Health Cover’
In this option, you are provided coverage on death and accelerated critical illness for 7 critical illnesses. The Critical Illness Benefit is accelerated and not an additional benefit which means the policy will continue with the Death Benefit reduced by the extent of the Critical Illness Sum Assured paid. So, for instance, you have taken a policy with Sum Assured of 50 lacs out of which critical illness cover is 10 lacs. If you are beset with any of the 7 pre-listed critical illness, you will receive the amount of 10 lacs as a lump sum and the policy will continue as a term policy with a Sum Assured of 40 lacs.
- C) Life Cover with ‘Comprehensive Health Cover’
This option is similar to option B) with the difference being that instead of 7, this plan gives you protection against 35 critical Illnesses. More types and categories off illnesses are covered from Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s to Coma and also major burn and head injuries resulting in trauma. The total list of illnesses covered in this variant are:
- Alzheimer’s Disease 19. Loss of Speech
- Apallic Syndrome 20. Major Burns
- Aplastic Anaemia 21. Major Head Trauma
- Bacterial Meningitis 22. Major Organ/ Bone Marrow Transplant (as 5. First Heart Attack – of Specified Severity recipient)
- Blindness 23. Motor Neurone Disease with Permanent
- Cancer of specified severity (malignant tumour) Symptoms
- Cardiomyopathy 24. Multiple Sclerosis with Persisting Symptoms
- Chronic liver disease 25. Muscular Dystrophy
- Chronic Lung Disease 26. Open Chest CABG
- Coma of specified Severity 27. Open Heart Replacement or Repair of Heart 12. Creutzfeldt – Jacob disease Valves
- Deafness 28. Parkinson’s Disease
- Encephalitis 29. Permanent Paralysis of Limbs
- Benign Brain Tumour 30. Poliomyelitis
- Kidney Failure Requiring Regular Dialysis 31. Primary Pulmonary hypertension
- Loss of Independent Existence 32. Rheumatoid arthritis
- Loss of Limbs 33. Stroke resulting in permanent symptoms
- Surgery to aorta
- Systemic lupus Eryth with Renal
Generate a quote today and find out for yourself how you can stay protected from upto 35 critical illness along with securing your family’s future when you are not around to provide financial support for them.